Thursday 4 December 2008

The new hand: fingerless gloves and dazzling colours

Gloves are the new hands.

They are everywhere in all shapes and forms: they are the new accessory of the winter, and designers have declined them from classical to crazy.

They go from John Galliano red suede to Miu Miu's frilled leather pair to some puffy sleeves on eBay.

What most of them have in common: they are fingerless.

To me this means nail varnish.

After all, if the hand is covered the nails stand out even more, and it is a perfect excuse to match the nail varnish to the bold colours of the rest of the accessories.

It is also easier than trying on fluo eye shadows and it adds a personal touch to winter styles.

Burgundy and bright red are in vogue, but it is easy to break the mould and go for something dazzling.

Chanel does marine blue and gold. Bright green, yellow, clementine and myriads of other colours are easy to find cheaply at Camden market or smaller stores.

1 comment:

CARU Staff said...

They're adorable and all but doyou think they'll keep your hands warm at all? Yes I will be able to change the songs on my iTouch iPod but I think my fingers will be freeeeeeezing :)That said, I bought a really cute pair this past weekend...will keep you posted!

Check out my blog at http://www.smartypanties.com