Tuesday 18 November 2008

Alice in Wonderland goes Gothic for Burton

So, word is out that Tim Burton is planning a new Alice in Wonderland film and there is NO ROOM to express my excitement!

Alice in Wonderland has always been my all-time favourite story, I have probably read it a hundred times and I have seen the Disney version a bazillion times at least... I even shamefully admit knowing the caterpillar sing-song by heart.

Not only is it brilliant literature, with dark connotations and fabulous tongue-twisters, it is tremendous fun.

But the most exhilarating thing about all of this is the cast: Anne Hathaway, Angela Bonham Carter and JOHNNY DEPP.

Tim Burton's designs are mind-blowing: it's almost like a catwalk show wrapped up in a Gothic tale.

The first shot of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is tea-tastic (it is not an official picture, so it might be fan art, but it still gives a pretty good idea of what is to come).

Dark, but that is Burton's signature style. I simply cannot wait for the film to be released.

OK, it's true that 2010 is still a long way away and it might be a little early for the effervescence, but a girl can wait if the reward is Alice in Gothic Wonderland - well I can.

No comments: