Saturday 15 November 2008

I want to look like a cyborg

I watched the strangest movie tonight, about a girl with bleached eyebrows who believes herself to be a cyborg.

The Korean actress, Su-jeong Lim, is stunning and I am a cyborg but it's OK is incredible:



Not only because of the randomness of the film and the storyline, but also because of the aesthetic of it all.

Which made me think: after being taken by the pale, milky ginger complexion yesterday, I am now in awe of the Korean features.

I didn't know anything about beauty the Korean way so I did a bit of research. This is what it is all about:
  1. a milky complexion
  2. sculpted features
  3. large eyes
Su-jeong Lim certainly has all of that.

The interesting thing is the similarities between red-heads and the Korean beauty standards. It is the freakish fascination for peroxide features on one side, and the imitation of European complexions on the other.

Karen Elson and the cyborg actress could almost swap over.

I think the issue needs more investigation... I promise an update as soon as I find out more about it.

1 comment:

Umit said...

i'm glad you liked it ! : )
she really is amazing.