Tuesday 25 November 2008

Hat it up: the new hair

I spent the weekend in Brighton and it made me realise the importance of hats.

First of all, the temperature dropped to some ice-age digits, which meant that even though I do not usually wear winter hats, my ears did not leave me the choice.

Luckily I had thoughtfully packed a black woolen hat.

I am not the first one to be taken by the trend, Samantha Ronson never goes out without a hat, and in Brighton it seems to be just as popular as seagulls and gale (the gale might actually be the reason for wearing hats).

Hats and hair accessories are making a huge breakthrough in fashion, from tiaras to bowler hats or fur caps and hoods.

It's nothing like eighties or nineties hats with an excess of feathers, pearls and other decorations.

The purpose of the hats have changed: hats are not to cover the head so much as an accessorise statement.

The best of all is that they match everything, I am personally looking forward to increasing my collection.

No comments: