Monday 27 October 2008

Christmas in Moss


Top shop has been counting down the days till Kate Moss' Christmas collection will hit the stores, and the day is getting close. TOPSHOP.COM, the web-shop onto which thousands of girls who want to look like 'stylish Kate' are going to log on tomorrow, probably cannot wait.

I have looked at the sneak peaks from the collection, and I have to say I am, not surprisingly though, disappointed.

Some pieces are undeniably cute, including a sixties-style mini dress 'a la Brigitte Bardot', but maybe not for Christmas.

Firstly, it might be a little too cold outside to be sporting a style that short, and risk turning your thighs into stalactites.

Secondly, Christmas tends to be about family dinners. And no matter how open-minded my own family is, I would not risk meeting my grand-parents in a snake spot print mini cocktail-dress, that reveals the colour of my knickers.

Top Shop experts will disagree with me however, the Christmas holidays should be about following our feelings and emotions to create a unique look.

If you want to follow Kate Moss' style advice (on the Top Shop website) be ready to be brave: "When going out for the evening, think about your arrival - the accidental pairing of a battered leather jacket and floor sweeping gown looks amazing and effortless"

Effortless surely. And a little unclassy too, perhaps.

But let tomorrow prove me wrong, when London fashionistas will overtake the store and secure a little piece of supermodel cloth. Well, with supermodel approval anyways.

London should better get ready for a grunge Christmas.

No comments: